Instant Automapper [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Great examples with illustrations on how and where to use Automapper
- Create your own custom resolvers for Automapper
- Tips and tricks for problem solving and eliminating huge code
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 46 pages
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 1783282053
ISBN 13 : 9781783282050
Author(s) : Taswar Bhatti
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Instant, .NET, Open Source
Table of ContentsInstant AutoMapper
- Instant AutoMapper
- So, what is AutoMapper?
- Step 1 – what do I need?
- Step 2 – downloading and installing AutoMapper
- And that's it
- Quick start – creating a sample project
- Step 1 – defining the ViewModel object
- Step 2 – creating the mapping
- Step 3 – mapping the object
- Step 4 – not mapping certain data
- Step 5 – testing the mapping
- Step 6 – using a profile to group mapping
- Step 7 – bootstrapping the startup of a profile
- Top 12 features you need to know about
- Null substitution
- Nested mapping
- Lists, arrays, and dictionaries
- Mapping inheritance
- Custom resolvers
- Custom type converters
- Dynamic mapping
- Interface mapping
- Existing object mapping
- Inversion of control
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- Articles and tutorials
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn to use Automapper with practical examples
- Find out why Automapper is so useful when building applications
- Discover how to leverage Automapper to solve most of your common object-to-object mapping needs
- Create your own Custom Resolvers for mapping
- Configure and test the mapping
Automapper is a simple library that will help eliminate complex code for mapping objects from one to another. It solves the deceptively complex problem of mapping objects and leaves you with clean and maintainable code.
Instant Automapper is a practical guide that provides numerous step-by-step instructions detailing some of the many features Automapper provides to streamline your object-to-object mapping. Importantly it helps in eliminating complex code.
Instant Automapper sets off by working through a sample transit application, and then breaks down the different types of Automapper patterns/usage for the reader to easily understand and refer to.
The book covers all aspects of Automapper from installing it into a project, using it with all its mapping capabilities, and extending Automapper with custom resolvers, as well as unit testing the mapping. You will see strategies for an easy-to-maintain object mapping structure and grasp the best practices for using Automapper between Domain and Presentation Objects.
The book will serve as a reference for your future .NET application development that has domain layers.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This book is a practical, step-by-step tutorial that will enable you to use Automapper quickly and efficiently.
Who this book is for
Instant Automapper is for .NET developers. A good background in .NET is assumed, but a novice user can follow along, and learn to become an advanced user of Automapper.