Instant AutoIt Scripting [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Read and write apps instantly using the AutoIt freeware programming language
- Execute or compile scripts and share your own Unic software
- Organise and automate mundane and repetitive tasks
- Automate browser portables, external electronics, and your operating system
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 60 pages
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 1782165789
ISBN 13 : 9781782165781
Author(s) : Emilio Aristides de Fez Laso
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Instant, Games, Microsoft, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant AutoIt Scripting
- Instant AutoIt Scripting
- Installing AutoIt and extras (Simple)
- Compiling and running a script (Simple)
- Linux scripting (Intermediate)
- Using controls of external apps (Simple)
- SciTE editor main tools (Simple)
- Hello World – my first script (Simple)
- My first GUI form – Koda (Simple)
- Getting information from Windows app's AU3Info (Simple)
- Recording a macro and generating code (Simple)
- Migrating a batch CMD file to AutoIt (Simple)
- Unattended install scripts (Simple)
- Regular expressions (Advanced)
- MySQL database scripts (Intermediate)
- SQLite database scripts (Intermediate)
- Trigger onscreen pixel changes (Simple)
- Automating Internet Explorer (Intermediate)
- Robots and electronics – Arduino (Advanced)
- Skype automation (Intermediate)
- Excel automation (Intermediate)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Install AutoIt and its various utilities
- Automate external non-AutoIt Apps
- Generate code using macro programming
- Create Batch apps
- Automate Windows installers
- Learn how to manage databases
- Understand Regular Expressions
- Learn to make changes in your computer via Screen Pixel Triggers.
- Automate Internet Explorer, Skype, and Microsoft Office, and control electronic AutoIt appliances
AutoIt is a freeware automation language for Microsoft Windows. It can be used to produce utility software for Microsoft Windows and automate common tasks, such as website monitoring, network monitoring, and disk defragging and backup.
Instant AutoIt Scripting Essentials How-to provides you with step-by-step recipes to create complex Windows GUI apps. You will ease your workload, program without hassle, and master everyday tasks. You will learn how to automate a wide range of manual tasks in Windows and other programs. Using this book, you will reach a high-level of programming performance in a small span of time. Tweak your apps and enhance your working system beyond your limitations.
Instant AutoIt Scripting Essentials How-to is a simple and concise guide that will teach you the essential knowledge necessary to start working with AutoIt. Using numerous examples and short step-by-step recipes on how to solve small problems, this book will help you to automate a very wide range of manual tasks in Windows and other programs, and you will soon realise how easy it is to create exciting programs.
The book has multiple examples that explain on AutoIt being a standalone application with no reliance on the runtimes. This book includes 4 levels of programming: the operating system, the windows register, typical user level programs and scripts, and automation of other non-AutoIt apps.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. This is a Packt Instant How-to guide, which provides concise and clear recipes for getting started with AutoIt.
Who this book is for
Instant AutoIt Scripting Essentials How-to is for beginners who wish to know more about automation and programming, system administration developers who intent to automate/manage clusters and servers, and for computer programmers who want to control any PC to create seamless automation apps.