Instant Audio Processing with Web Audio [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Implement audio stitching using Web Audio’s built-in scheduling API
- Learn Web Audio’s scripting abilities by building a broadcast-style audio ducking effect
- Build a 5-band equalizer using Web Audio’s built-in audio processing functionality
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 76 pages
Release Date : August 2013
ISBN : 1782168796
ISBN 13 : 9781782168799
Author(s) : Chris Khoo
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development, Open Source, Web Development
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Audio Processing with Web Audio
- Instant Audio Processing with Web Audio
- Setting up a web host (Simple)
- Playing audio in a loop (Simple)
- Setting the volume (Simple)
- Automating the audio parameters (Intermediate)
- Building an equalizer using BiquadFilterNode (Advanced)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the fundamental design philosophy underlying the Web Audio API
- Explore the Web Audio interfaces in depth
- Detect and initialize a Web Audio context
- Play audio files from the Web and desktop
- Implement basic and advanced audio looping behaviors
- Build a 5-band sound equalizer using Web Audio’s processor nodes
- Make a reusable audio layer step by step
Web Audio is an upcoming industry standard for web audio processing. Using the API, developers today can develop web games and applications with real-time audio effects to rival their desktop counterparts.
Instant Audio Processing with Web Audio is your hands-on guide to the Web Audio API. Using clear, step-by-step exercises, this book explores the API and how to apply it to produce real-time audio effects such as audio stitching, audio ducking, and audio equalization.
This book is an in-depth study of the Web Audio API. Through a series of practical, step-by-step exercises, this book will guide you through the basics of playing audio all the way to the task of building a 5-band audio equalizer.
Along the way, we’ll learn how to utilize Web Audio’s scripting functionality to build real-time audio effects such as audio stitching and ducking. Then, we’ll use this knowledge to build a basic audio layer step-by-step which can be used in our web applications/games.
With its in-depth coverage of the Web Audio API and its practical advice on various audio implementation scenarios, Instant Audio Processing with Web Audio How-to is your ultimate guide to Web Audio.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. A concise, recipe-based approach to use Web Audio’s automation functionality to produce interesting audio effects such as audio stitching and ducking.
Who this book is for