Basically, in this three-part article by Alfonso Romero, author of Apache Roller 4.0 – Beginner's Guide, we shall:
- Learn to manage group blogs
- Use aggregators and blog search engines such as Technorati to expand your Roller blog's audience
- Configure Google webmaster tools for your Roller weblog
- Use podcasts in your weblog entries to attract visitors that use podcatcher software such as iTunes
- Use Google docs as a weblog client to publish entries in your Roller weblog
- Use Planet Roller to aggregate external blogs along with your Roller blogs
In this article, by Daniel Schneller & Udo Schwedt, authors of MySQL Admin Cookbook
- Inserting new data and updating data if it already exists
- Inserting data based on existing database content
- Deleting all data from large tables
- Deleting all but a fragment of a large table's data
- Deleting all data incrementally from large tables
Business Process Execution Language (BPEL, aka WS-BPEL) has become the de facto standard for orchestrating services in SOA composite applications. BPEL reduces the gap between business requirements and applications and allows better alignment between business processes and underlying IT architecture.
In this article by Matjaz B. Juric, author of the book WS-BPEL 2.0 for SOA Composite Applications with IBM WebSphere 7, we will familiarize ourselves with some important activities offered by BPEL, particularly activity names, loops, delays, empty activities, and process termination. We will not discuss concrete use cases where these activities can be used, because they are well known to developers. Let us first look at loops.Read Advanced Activities in BPEL in full
Adobe's Stage3D (previously codenamed Molehill) is a set of 3D APIs that has brought 3D to the Flash platform. Being a completely new technology, there were almost no resources to get you acquainted with this revolutionary platform, until now.
In this article by Christer Kaitila, author of Adobe Flash 11 Stage3D (Molehill) Game Programming, we will:
- Obtain Flash 11 for your browser
- Get all the tools ready to compile Stage3D games
- Initialize 3D graphics in Flash
- Send mesh and texture data to the video card
- Animate a simple 3D scene
In this article, by Joydip Kanjilal, we will discuss entity framework for ADO.NET.
we will cover the following points:
- Creating an Entity Data Model
- Introducing the Entity Data Source Control
- Implementing our first application using the ADO.NET Entity Framework
This article, Marc Delisle, author of Mastering phpMyAdmin 3.3.x for Effective MySQL Management, discusses how a system administrator can use the phpMyAdmin server management features for day-to-day user account maintenance, server verification, and server protection. The subject of how non-administrators can obtain server information from phpMyAdmin is also covered. Server administration is mostly done via the Server view, which is accessed via the menu tabs available on phpMyAdmin's home page.
Server administration is mostly done via the Server view, which is accessed via the menu tabs available on phpMyAdmin's home page.
This article specifically covers:
- Managing users and their privileges
- Database information
- Server information
In this article wirtten by Marc Delisle, author of Mastering phpMyAdmin 3.4 for Effective MySQL Management, we will discus how a system administrator can use the phpMyAdmin server-management features for day-to-day user account maintenance, server verification, and server protection. The subject of how non-administrators can obtain server information from phpMyAdmin is also covered.
Server administration is mostly done via the Server view, which is accessed via the menu tabs available on phpMyAdmin's home page.Read Administrating the MySQL Server in full
In this article created by Surendra Mohan, the author of Administrating Solr, we will learn how to nest a query within another query, about stats.jsp, how to use ping status, and what are business rules, how and when they prove to be important for us and how to write your custom rule using Drools.Read Administrating Solr in full
The R base library has very powerful graphical capabilities. While you can produce pretty much any type of graph with a couple of lines of code, the default layout and look of the graph is often very basic. Sometimes, you may run into problems such as axis labels and titles getting chopped off at the edges or the legend size or position may mask part of your graph. Sometimes, the default color combinations may not be suitable for presentation or publication.
In this article by Hrishi V. Mittal, author of R Graph Cookbook, we will cover:
- Setting colors of points, lines, and bars
- Setting plot background colors
- Setting colors for text elements: axis annotations, labels, plot titles, and legends
- Choosing color combinations and palettes
- Setting fonts for annotations and titles
Let’s get started!Read Adjusting Key Parameters in R in full
ADempiere is one the of the leading open source ERP products in today''s business market. ADempiere offers everything you need from efficient data management, streamlining business processes, reduction in costs, and minimal complexity to make your business successful.
In this article by Ajit Kumar, author of ADempiere 3.6 Cookbook, we will cover:
- Building Web services support
- Configuring Web services
- Configuring a Web service to create a record
- Configuring a Web service to read a record
In this article by Mary Cooch, we will learn how to save energy. Not only our own, but the world's too! Moodle's main attraction, to many teachers, is the fact that you can upload all of those worksheets that you hand out in class (and that your students lose). When you've done it once, they are there for as long as you need them—so you don't have to find and print them off the next time you do that topic, and fewer trees will be felled in the name of education!
In this article, we shall:
- Put an information sheet about the River Thames into Moodle
- Load a whole week's slideshows about River processes into Moodle in a neat folder
- Make a click here type link (this is known as a hyperlink) to the River Thames web site
- Create a worksheet about flooding by typing it straight into Moodle
- Make our page a bit prettier now that we've got some real stuff on it
In the previous article, Web Controls in DotNetNuke, we took a look at the Web Controls in DotNetNuke.
In this article by John K. Murphy, author of DotNetNuke 5.4 Cookbook, we will cover the following topics:
- Showing data in a Treeview
- Using a Tabstrip to separate content
- Using a CAPTCHA control for security
- Creating a multi-state checkbox
Read Adding Web Controls to Custom Modules in DotNetNuke in full
The ability for users to engage in a dialogue about project issues is an important part of what any issue tracking tool should provide. One way to achieve this is to allow users to leave comments directly on the issues. The comments will form a conversation about the issue and provide an immediate, as well as historical context to help track the full lifespan of any issue. We will also use comments to demonstrate using Yii widgets and establishing a portlet model for delivering content to the user (for more information on Portlets , visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portlet ).
In this article by Jeffery Winesett, author of Agile Web Application Development with Yii1.1 and PHP5, we will focus on some of the nice-to-have features in our TrackStar application. The first of these features that we will tackle is the ability for users to leave comments on project issues.Read Adding User Comments in Agile in full
In this article by Gastón C. Hillar we will add sounds, music and videos to the game. By reading this article and following the exercises, we will learn how to:
- Add background music to the game
- Generate sounds associated to the game events
- Take advantage of multiple channel audio
- Control the reproduction of concurrent sounds
- Organize the media elements for the game
- Prepare our media elements for their use in Silverlight applications
- Take advantage of Silverlight 3 performance enhancements for videos
- Reproduce videos combined with animated projections
This article by David Heffelfinger teaches you how to add reporting capabilities to our Java applications. This can be easily done by taking advantage of the classes included in the JasperReports class library. JasperReports can be easily embedded into both client and server-side Java applications simply by adding the required libraries to our CLASSPATH and calling the appropriate methods in the JasperReports API.Read Adding Reporting Capabilities to our Java Applications Using JasperReports 3.5 in full
WordPress offers you a lot more than simply posts, comments, and categories. In this article by Hasin Hayder and April Hodge Silver, we will explore and control all of the other content types that WordPress already has. You'll be able to create static pages that aren't a part of your ongoing blog, bookmark links that will drive visitors to your friends, and add and manage built-in image galleries to display photos and other images. You'll also learn how to add plugins, which will enhance the capabilities of your entire website.Read Adding Pages, Image Gallery, and Plugins to a WordPress Blog in full