We are currently accepting your original photography for a number of our forthcoming titles. If you're a keen photographer, our challenge to you is to submit appropriate images that would suit the title of the book. We’re looking for photographs that are a pun on the subject of the book, for example, our book on Asterisk, the open source telephony system, uses an image of a carrier pigeon.
We will pay $100 for every image used and will credit the photographer in the book.
We will consider all quality and original photographs attached to an e-mail with the book title as the subject line, along with the country of residence and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a thumbnail of the image first. If we are interested in the image we will ask you to send the full size image. Please keep any attachment under 5MB and only send one full size image in an e-mail. You can enter as many times as you want.
The technical details for all submitted images are as follows:
- Resolution: 300 dpi
- Size: Width more than 12" and Height more than 8"
- Mode: CMYK (Preferred)
- Format: JPEG
Images that don’t comply with the above format will not be considered.
We are currently looking for the following type of images for our new book product:
> Image of a single object on a plain background, possibly white (see examples), or single other colour, or sky
> Bright or colourful; not grey, monochrome or black and white
> If there is a focal point or focal object it should be to the right of the image so that it is not obscured by the triangle on the front cover
> Should not include faces or full body; can contain body parts such as hands
> No 100% CGI images
> No cartoons or drawings
> Image that is about attracting people, appealing to people, showing something which is metaphorically used to attract people
We Want Your Images for the Following Books:
Here we’ve listed the title of some of our forthcoming books.
Python Programming for Arduino
Cloudera Administration Handbook
Splunk for Architects: Designing and DeployingEnterprise Solutions Successfully
Developing Tabular Models with BISM Tabular (COOKBOOK)
Construct 2 Game Development, By Example
Scratch Beginner's Guide [update]
GameMaker Game Programming with GML
Unity 4 Game Development Hotshot
Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing
Google Apps Script Cookbook
Learning Anime Studio 9
ASP.NET Web API: Build RESTful web applications and services on the .NET framework
Xamarin Cross Platform Application Development
Learning Dynamics GP
Magento Administration Guide
SASS and COMPASS designers cookbook
Unity Android Game Development Beginner's Guide
Mastering Adobe Captivate 7 Update
WCF 5 Data Services cookbook
Mastering V-ray for Photorealistic Rendering
Allegro 5 Game Development, by Example
Microsoft System Center Compliance Management
Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012: Deployment Cookbook
Managing Microsoft hybrid Clouds
Solaris 11 Advanced Administration
Hadoop For Pythonists Cookbook
Microsoft System Center Reporting Cookbook
Please note that this list will be updated regularly
If you are just submitting generic images that could be used for any of these titles or any other titles we may have, here are some suggested themes for your images:
- Underwater Seascapes
- Striking abstract images
Open Source & Explorer
- Light Effects
- Rocks and Minerals
- Seasons - summer, winterfall
Terms & Conditions
- When images are used, entrants will be requested to sign a contract in which they relinquish all rights including the copyright of the image, to Packt. Any images that are not chosen by Packt will remain the copyright of its owner and Packt will not use them.
- Packt reserves the right to contact only the winning entrants whose photography is used by the company.
- By submitting a photograph/image, the entrant is confirming that this is their own work. If the entrant submits an image for which they don’t own the copyright, the contract they sign with Packt will hold them solely responsible for all legal action.
- Packt will not save or use the e-mail addresses of people who submit photographs for anything other than communication about submitted photographs