Agreement to Communicate Electronically
License to use this site
Packt Publishing Ltd grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to modify it or re-use it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Packt Publishing Ltd.
Packt Publishing Ltd provides this website packtpub.com and associated websites and services to you subject to the following conditions. In visiting PacktPub.com or associated websites you accept these conditions.
License to use PacktLib
Packt Publishing Ltd grants PacktPub.com account holders a limited license to access free content on PacktLib and paid subscribers access to agreed content, for personal use but not to modify or re-use its contents, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Packt Publishing Ltd. Packt Publishing Ltd retains the right to remove access to free content. When the paid subscription period ends, access to content, aside from any free content, is removed and any caching must be removed.
In visiting PacktPub.com you are agreeing that any disputes that arise are subject to English Law.
At Packt Publishing we endeavour to make all the information on our websites, and especially that relating to our products, as accurate as possible. However, Packt Publishing does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If you buy a product from us that you are unhappy with, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Packt Publishing Ltd, and is protected by international copyright laws. Consequently, Packt Publishing’s trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Packt Publishing Limited’s in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits the company.
Third Party Links
The provision of links to other websites or locations is for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such other, websites or locations, or their contents. Because Packt Publishing has no control over, does not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content, you acknowledge and agree that Packt Publishing is not responsible for these resources. Additionally, Packt Publishing is not responsible for the availability of such third party sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any damages resulting from use or transactions related to such sites or resources.
Third Party Content
Content from other third parties is made available to you through links.
Because Packt Publishing does not control such content, you agree that Packt Publishing Limited is not responsible for any such content, including advertising and information about third party products or services. Furthermore, Packt Publishing does not have control over such Content and makes no guarantees about the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of such content, and assumes no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful content made available by third parties.
Packt Publishing Ltd
2nd Floor Livery Place, 35 Livery Street
Colmore Business District
Birmingham B3 2PB
T : +44 (0) 121 265 6484
F: +44 (0) 121 212 1419
Terms of shipment
Every purchase you make from Packt Publishing via this website Packtpub.com is made subject to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. Therefore, it is your responsibility to ensure that any contact information/delivery address you have provided to Packt Publishing is both accurate and up-to-date. Failure to ensure these details may result in your order being delayed, lost, or un-delivered, and Packt Publishing Limited cannot be held responsible for instances where incorrect details have been given.
If you are unsure about your order, please contact the Customer Relations team on:
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Further, under no circumstance must you misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, spyware, adware, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful or designed to adversely affect the Website. Additionally, you must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website. Any attempt to do would be a criminal offence.
Lastly, Packt Publishing Ltd reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at our sole discretion.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY PACKT PUBLISHING LTD ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. PACKT PUBLISHING LTD MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPLICITLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, PACKT PUBLISHING LTD DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PACKT PUBLISHING LTD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR EMAIL SENT FROM PACKT PUBLISHING LTD ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. PACKT PUBLISHING LTD WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Packt Publishing Limited reserves the right to make changes to this site, policies, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Packt Publishing Limited may immediately suspend or terminate your access to the Site without notice if any breach of these Terms and Conditions of use by you is brought to our attention.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, we will not have waived any of our rights and may still use any rights and remedies that were open to us when you broke them.
Furthermore, your registration maybe terminated and your profile and any content or information that you have posted on the Site maybe deleted at any time. We may prohibit you from using or accessing the Site for any reason, at any time in our sole discretion, with or without notice. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to any use of the Site.
The sale and purchase of products via this application website is by a contract between you and us, formed when you have placed an order. Once your order has been placed, the purchased eBook shall appear in your ‘Owned’ or ‘My Library section’. Alternatively, for a hardcopy book purchase, once we have accepted your order, we will send you an order confirmation.
Please note that as soon as we confirm your eBook order, it will enter our electronic system and we will be unable to prevent it being dispatched to your account. In addition, no refunds or exchanges will be given on eBooks unless the supplied file is faulty or a fault occurs during the book made available to you, i.e. during download. If either case should sadly arise, then you should contact Customer Care (email@example.com) who will be able to resolve this issue for you.
Furthermore, in making a purchase, you agree and recognise that:
• eBooks will be supplied for in-app reading or downloadable in a number of formats. It is therefore the responsibility of the purchaser to obtain a copy of the appropriate software necessary for viewing the eBook.
• Packt Publishing Ltd reserves the right to make changes to the books’ format availability at any time and for any reason so long as a copy of the eBook remains available elsewhere.
• Any purchase of an eBook file entitles the purchaser to a copy of that file, which may be shared between any device(s) owned by and registered to that purchaser.
• All products listed and sold via this application are copyright ownership of Packt Publishing Ltd, and making illegal copies of your ebook files will be considered a breach of copyright, against which legal action will be taken.
• The premises for delivery will be the address (e-mail or otherwise) supplied by the purchaser at the time of purchase, and that these details are ultimately the responsibility of the purchaser. For eBook purchases, these will also be held in your ‘My Library’ area.
• Packt Publishing’s eBook files are safe for download and do not carry any malware that could harm and/or damage the purchaser's eReader/computer/device or smartphone. However, all eBook files are bought at the purchaser's risk, and purchasers should take the necessary steps to ensure the safety of their eReader, computer, device or smartphone.
• That the purchaser is solely responsible for the storage of any physical and downloaded content, and that Packt Publishing Limited cannot be held responsible for the loss of eBook files or any of our products, after their initial receipt, i.e. purchases are held at the purchaser's own risk and that accidentally deleted/damaged files cannot be replaced by Packt Publishing Ltd. The sole exception to this rule being purchases which are held on the Packt web app where a technical fault/unforeseen error has occurred with the app or the eBook. In this instance, Packt Publishing shall make any previously purchased eBook(s) available to the purchaser as soon as is practical to do so and once any fault or error has been rectified.
Specific web app T&Cs
In using this app, you agree that:
• Packt Publishing Ltd, or approved contractors, may need to make essential maintenance to the application website without advanced warning, or prior notice. In such a case your ability to access your account maybe temporarily unavailable or limited.
• Any attempt to misuse the site will fall in line with wider Packt Publishing terms and conditions, and may result in the suspension or cancellation of your account.
• That any purchase(s) made from your account, whether by you or not, shall be treated as a genuine purchase(s) and will therefore follow the normal procedures of purchases. Instances of error shall be at the discretion of the customer care department. For further information, please visit the ‘Refund and return‘ area.