Please note that voting has now closed.
The dotCMS platform is an open source J2EE/Java Web Content Management System (wCMS). While it includes the features you'd expect in a complete CMS, including true separation of content/design and well as ease of editing, dotCMS also includes many features you wouldn't expect such as AJAX calendar & events management, e-communications tools, personalization/CRM tools, eCommerce hooks and more. The dotCMS platform provides a solid foundation to build a world-class content driven web sites and applications for today's and tomorrow's audiences.
Key features of dotCMS include:
- Enterprise Ready - Multi Site Management, Clustering Support, LDAP/AD integration, JBoss Cache, granular permissions, platform/db agnostic.
- Easy to understand. Very low learning curve for web developers of any background.
- Can manage and serve any web design, page, file or template. dotCMS makes no preconceptions about content, template or webpage layouts.
- v1.6 includes stater site to speed productivity.
- AJAX/Web 2.0 events calendar: see http://demo.dotcms.org/calendar.
- WebDAV respoitory access and publishing.
- Ready to run on Amazon's Elastic Cloud with a freely available AMI image.
- Obligatory Web 2.0 features: AJAX; content can have associated comments, ratings and tags.
- Web based communications can delivered to a segment of site visitors as a campaign.
- Customized and Personalized Content with Macros - Users and content can be "tagged" and content can be pulled to match users with content.
- Numerous improvements to core CMS functions.
Books from Packt