ArcGIS for Desktop Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Learn how to use ArcGIS Desktop to create, edit, manage, display, analyze, and share geographic data
- Use common geo-processing tools to select and extract features
- A guide with example-based recipes to help you get a better and clearer understanding of ArcGIS Desktop
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 318 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : February 2015
ISBN : 1783559500
ISBN 13 : 9781783559503
Author(s) : Daniela Cristiana Docan
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Virtualization and Cloud
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Design your Geodatabase schema
- Edit geometry and attributes of the features in a Geodatabase
- Accustom yourself to work with Coordinate Reference System
- Create custom symbols and labels for a better looking map
- Use geocode addresses and learn to work with routes and events
- Perform spatial analyses with the Spatial Analyst extension
- Design a 3D representation of data with the 3D Analyst extension
- Use the Data Interoperability tools to import and export your data
ArcGIS for Desktop is one of the strongest components of the ESRI ArcGIS platform. Users find it exciting because it has a lot of powerful tools and can work with a wide range of spatial data formats. ArcGIS comes with advanced features like Advanced Analysis and Geoprocessing, to help you make intelligent maps.
This book will make you a more effective and efficient GIS user by showing you how to use ArcGIS Desktop to create your own Geodatabase model, manage layers, symbols, and label styles. Furthermore it will help you learn how to you create map documents, edit data in feature classes, find and fix topological errors, analyze surfaces, and most importantly create 3D representation, import and export several different data formats, and much more.
The exercises from the recipes have a logical approach in order to simulate and point out the main characteristics of a real project.
ArcGIS for Desktop Cookbook is a practical guide that leads you through the ArcGIS Desktop functionality in a coherent manner.
With recipes that range from easy and intermediate to advanced, there is something here for anyone looking to improve their abilities in ArcGIS Desktop.
This book is an easy-to-follow guide full of hands-on, relevant examples. Each topic is explained in detail, and for the more inquisitive, there are some useful references provided too.
Who this book is for
This book is a good companion to get you quickly acquainted with everything you need to increase your productivity with the ArcGIS Desktop.
It would be helpful to have a bit of familiarity with basic GIS concepts.
If you have no previous experience with ArcGIS, this book will still be helpful for you because it will help you catch up to the acquainted users from a practical point of view.