Aptana RadRails: An IDE for Rails Development
|Also available on:|
- Comprehensive guide to using RadRails during the whole development cycle
- Code Assistance, Graphical Debugger, Testing, Integrated Console
- Manage your gems, plug-ins, servers, generators, and Rake tasks
- Rails 2.0-ready
- Includes a chapter about Subversion and Database integration
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 248 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : May 2008
ISBN : 1847193986
ISBN 13 : 9781847193988
Author(s) : Javier Ramírez
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, AJAX, Open Source, Web Development
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started
Chapter 2: First Steps
Chapter 3: Your First Application
Chapter 4: Writing Ruby Code
Chapter 5: Coding Rails Views
Chapter 6: Debugging Your Application
Chapter 7: RadRails Views
Chapter 8: Configuration Reference
Chapter 9: Other Useful Plugins
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
This book will show you how to use the tools RadRails provides to improve your productivity:
- Tools for testing and debugging: Unit Testing; Graphical Debugger; Monitoring of Log Files
- Tools for project management: Specialized views for launching your Tasks and Generators; Management of your Gems and Plug-ins; Rails Servers Control
You will also learn how to use other Eclipse plug-ins for synchronizing your projects with Subversion and for managing your databases.
Aptana RadRails is an Integrated Development Environment for Ruby on Rails projects. Built on top of the well-known Eclipse platform, RadRails provides all the tools you need to create a whole Rails application from a single interface, allowing you to focus on the creative part of the development as your IDE takes care of the mechanics.
Who this book is for
This book is for Ruby on Rails developers who want to make the most of the framework by using an Integrated Development Environment.
Even though the book explains everything you need to follow the contents, the focus is on how to use the tool and not on the Rails framework itself, so previous working knowledge of Rails is highly advisable. Previous knowledge of Eclipse is not necessary.