Applied Architecture Patterns on the Microsoft Platform (Second Edition)
|Also available on:|
- Updated to include the most recent technologies, including .NET and SQL Server
- Provides an architectural methodology for choosing Microsoft application platform technologies to meet the requirements of your solution
- Presents solutions for messaging, workflow, data processing, and performance scenarios
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Solution Decision Framework
Chapter 2: The .NET Framework Primer
Chapter 3: The SQL Server Primer
Chapter 4: The SSIS Primer
Chapter 5: The BizTalk Server Primer
Chapter 6: The SharePoint Server Primer
Chapter 7: Other Microsoft Technologies
Chapter 8: Integration Patterns and Antipatterns
Chapter 9: Web Services and Beyond
Chapter 10: Data Exchange Patterns
Chapter 11: Workflow Patterns
Chapter 12: Presentation Layer Patterns
Chapter 13: Conclusion
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Organize the evaluation of candidate solutions to a given business problem
- Learn about the new features of .NET 4.5 and its capabilities
- Understand the core components and compelling aspects of BizTalk Server 2013
- Explore different integration patterns and antipatterns such as point-to-point, message broker, publish/subscribe, data aggregation versus data sharing, and enterprise message bus
- Understand the architectural principles that SOA brings to the table and how they are different from open API
- Implement fully automated workflows and workflows with manual operations
- Use SharePoint to improve content management and collaboration in the enterprise
This book provides a method for choosing the right Microsoft application platform technologies to meet the requirements of your solution. It examines proven technologies such as SQL Server, BizTalk, SharePoint, and .NET. The book considers architectural patterns for solutions in the areas of messaging, workflow, data processing, and collaboration.
This book will give you a proven framework to make the optimal technology selection and fulfil your business requirements. We will also discuss building web services and REST services in an SOA environment, as well as different approaches to building presentation layers, integration patterns, and much more.
Applied Architecture Patterns on the Microsoft Platform, Second Edition,is your ultimate guide to Microsoft technologies and beyond.
Presented in a scenario-driven tutorial way, we lead you through fictitious example problems and present you with the best solutions.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for architects, developers, and managers who need to improve their knowledge of the Microsoft application platform. This book will appeal to anyone, especially consultants, who want to get up to speed on selecting the most appropriate platform for a particular problem. A good understanding of the general Windows platform and development technologies would be helpful.