Application Development in iOS 7
|Also available on:|
- Get acquainted with the new features of iOS7 through real-world, project-based learning
- Take an in-depth look at Xcode 5, Foundation, and autolayout
- Utilize the full source code and assets present to build an actual interactive application
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 126 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : May 2014
ISBN : 1783550317
ISBN 13 : 9781783550319
Author(s) : Kyle Begeman
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Other
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Xcode 5 – A Developer's Ultimate Tool
Chapter 2: Foundation Framework – Growing Up
Chapter 3: Auto Layout 2.0
Chapter 4: Building Our Application for iOS 7
Chapter 5: Creating and Saving User Data
Chapter 6: Displaying User Data
Chapter 7: Manipulating Text with TextKit
Chapter 8: Adding Physics with UIKit Dynamics
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 2 submitted: last submission 16 Jul 2014
Errata type: Code | page 59
In Chapter 5, Section Getting the image from UIImagePickerController
[self.presentingViewController dismissViewControllerAnimated:YES completion:nil];
it should be:
[picker dismissViewControllerAnimated:YES completion:nil];
The code bundle has been reuploaded on June 24, 2014.
What you will learn from this book
- Manage accounts and provision with ease using Xcode 5
- Analyze the real-time performance of your application within Xcode
- Understand the new features of the foundation framework and why you use them
- Utilize the new and improved Auto Layout to build better layouts
- Learn how to apply new design paradigms to all future projects
- Manipulate text like never before using TextKit
- Add real-world physics to your application's user interface to create beautiful visual effects
Unleash the new features of iOS 7 within the latest Xcode development environment. One of the most important pieces of any SDK is the Integrated Development Environment (IDE), which is why we will start by learning all the new features of Xcode 5. Moreover, we will get to know what's new in Foundation Framework, one of the building blocks of iOS development. We then move on to exploring the new and improved Auto Layout, a feature that was previously plagued by quite a few issues and shunned by many developers. Next, we will start building our application from scratch while applying our new knowledge of the IDE. Also, we will make use of the newly introduced TextKit to make our text more dynamic in nature. Finally, we will utilize the UI Kit Dynamics to give our application some flair.
This book is a practical breakdown of all the new iOS 7 features for developers.
A hybrid between informative overview and step-by-step instruction, this book is the ultimate guide to iOS 7 application development.
Who this book is for
If you are an iOS developer who is looking to understand the new features within iOS 7 and Xcode 5, then this book is for you. In order to fully understand the concepts in this book, it is recommended you have at least some experience with previous versions of iOS.