Instant Apple Configurator How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Configure group settings to personalize and secure your devices
- Deploy multiple profiles
- Upload and manage mass applications swiftly and easily
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Apple Configurator How-to
- Instant Apple Configurator How-to
- Signing up for an Apple ID (Must know)
- Installing Apple Configurator (Must know)
- Configuring the Apple Configurator preferences (Should know)
- Migrating existing profiles into Apple Configurator (Should know)
- Deciding whether to prepare, supervise, or assign (Must know)
- Creating a cart workflow (Should know)
- Leveraging Configurator in a one-to-one environment (Should know)
- Checking out devices (Should know)
- Creating a device backup (Should know)
- Restoring a device backup (Should know)
- Understanding profiles (Become an expert)
- Building a profile (Must know)
- Exploring all profiles (Should know)
- Exporting profiles (Must know)
- Creating auto enrollment profiles (Become an expert)
- Purchasing applications through the VPP (Should know)
- Importing applications (Should know)
- Deploying applications on prepared devices (Become an expert)
- Deploying applications on managed devices (Become an expert)
- Adding files to devices (Should know)
- Importing files back to the computer (Should know)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Build your own customised profiles and control settings on iOS devices
- Explore the full power of the Apple configurator
- Develop creative workflows for successful deployment
- Back-up and restore important documents and devices
- Secure and monitor your iOS devices with automated mobile device management enrolment
- Fully control how you deploy and manage applications
- Secure remote VPN or Wi-Fi network credentials
The Apple configurator is an incredible piece of software which grants full control in mobile device management, but on a larger scale. The popularity of people taking their own devices to work has grown tremendously. However, valued professional and personal information is at risk, through loss, theft, or hacking.
Instant Apple Configurator How-to is a hands-on guide that eliminates any worries that are associated with the deployment and security of iOS devices. This book provides practical, quick win solutions to combat these issues, with clear, concise, and informative examples providing solutions to secure, remote wipe, and encrypt devices. The book will further explore how to personalize iOS devices for configuration and deployment.
With the Instant Apple Configurator How-to, learn to build profiles with customised control settings, with examples on how to capture device information and use console logs for added protection. You will become skilled at tracking and installing provisional profiles for greater security. We will also explore developing workflows for successful deployment, installing software and applications whilst managing files on iOS devices, and how to deploy enrolment profiles for mobile device management solutions en masse. If you are looking for a complete guide that provides simple solutions to complex problems, look no further.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. A how-To book with practical recipes accompanied with rich screenshots for easy comprehension.This book follows the Packt How-to approach, offering an informative yet practical guide that is easy to understand. The book takes a meticulous approach to providing quick and simple recipe-based solutions for security and deployment of iOS devices.
Who this book is for
"Instant Apple Configurator How-to" book is ideal for anyone with a working knowledge in iOS device deployment and management. It is likely you will be responsible for the maintenance and security of iOS devices, ranging anywhere from 10 to 10,000. This is the ultimate guide to iOS security management and device deployment.