Instant AppFog [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Deploy and manage your applications on AppFog easily using the AppFog tools and web console
- Secure your application using SSL on AppFog
- Manage add-ons for your application for other services such ask load tests and logging
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 58 pages
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 1782167625
ISBN 13 : 9781782167624
Author(s) : Pau Kiat Wee
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development, Open Source, Web Development
Table of ContentsInstant AppFog
- Instant AppFog
- So, what is AppFog?
- Introduction to AppFog
- AppFog features
- AppFog tools
- Step 1 – sign up to AppFog
- Step 2 – installing Ruby
- Step 3 – installing af
- Step 4 – running Ruby on Rails
- Step 5 – setting up the database
- Quick start – deploying and managing your first app
- Jump start
- The AppFog platform
- Deploying applications
- Horizontal and vertical scaling
- Custom domain name
- Root domain
- Subdomain or root domain?
- Mapping a custom domain
- Environment variable
- Top 7 features you need to know about
- Auto reconfigure
- Enabling auto reconfigure
- Disabling auto reconfigure
- Custom SSL
- The Install tool
- Generating a private key
- Generating Certificate Signing Request
- Installing the SSL certificate
- Third-party add-ons
- Installing an add-on
- Managing add-ons
- Configuring Rails to use Logentries
- Tunnel to service
- Export/import service
- Choosing an infrastructure
- Choosing a subdomain
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- Articles and tutorials
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Use AppFog’s jump start to deploy your application
- Deploy your custom application to AppFog
- Scale your application horizontally and vertically using AppFog
- Install SSL for your application for secure communication
- Clone your application across infrastructures
- Use third-party add-ons with AppFog
Publishing applications to the web takes a lot of effort from hardware, firewalls, databases, and your network setup. is the AppFog platform has evolved over the years to enable developers to publish applications in minutes with simple steps. Using AppFog, now developers can focus on developing their applications rather than worrying about up-time, firewalls, and applying OS security patches. AppFog allows developers to easily deploy their applications, scale up and down instantly, and use third party feature-rich add-ons to enhance their applications.
Instant AppFog Starter is a step-by-step guide that will provide you with all the information you need to deploy applications to AppFog. This book will teach you how to use the AppFog platform to scale, maintain, and manage your application on the cloud. This starter book provides easy to understand steps to deploy, implement your application on the AppFog platform, as well as knowledge about the community around it.
Instant AppFog Starter will guide you through how to prepare your environment for installing the AppFog tool. You will learn how to deploy applications using AppFog’s jump start feature, as well as how to manage your application and scale up and down instantly using AppFog.
Instant AppFog Starter is a step-by-step guide that will provide you with all the information you need to deploy applications to AppFog. This book will teach you how to use the AppFog platform to scale, maintain, and manage your application on the cloud. This starter book provides easy to understand steps to implement your application on the AppFog platform, as well as knowledge about the community around it.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This easy to follow, hands-on guide shows you how to deploy and manage your application within minutes.
Who this book is for
Instant AppFog Starter is great for developers who are new to AppFog and who are primarily working on code rather than infrastructure. This book is perfect for those who are looking to publish applications without an in-depth knowledge of servers, firewalls, and networking. It is assumed that you will have some experience of web development as well as basic command line usage.