Instant Apache Stanbol [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn about underlying technologies like OSGi, JAX-RS and Apache Clerezza
- Develop new components for Stanbol and create your own improved distribution
- Extend traditional content management systems with semantic services
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 66 pages
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 1783281235
ISBN 13 : 9781783281237
Author(s) : Reto Bachmann-Gmür
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Instant, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Apache Stanbol
- Instant Apache Stanbol
- Compiling and running Stanbol (Simple)
- Enhancing your content (Simple)
- Accessing and using the RDF data (Intermediate)
- Having Stanbol recognize our entities (Intermediate)
- Enabling faceted browsing of our content (Simple)
- Reasoning with ontologies (Intermediate)
- Interacting with the OSGi environment (Simple)
- Creating our own Stanbol component (Advanced)
- Creating our own Stanbol enhancement engine (Advanced)
- Creating a launcher (Intermediate)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 19 May 2014
Errata type: Code | Page number: 7 | Point number: 5
> java -Xmx1g -XX:MaxPermSize=400m-jar ../launchers
> java -Xmx1g -XX:MaxPermSize=400m -jar ../launchers
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Annotate your content automatically using Stanbol Enhancer
- Enable faceted browsing on your data to make it easier to find the right information
- Access and merge RDF data returned by Stanbol
- Perform automated reasoning using ontologies
- Build OSGi applications using Apache Maven
- Create new components for Stanbol that use content negotiation to be accessible both by humans and machines
- Implement Stanbol services within OSGi so that your component leverages exiting functionality
- Add and get data from persistent RDF graphs using Apache Clerezza
- Develop your own custom launcher so you can easily distribute your Stanbol based application
Stanbol is a software application which helps traditional content management systems to get ready for the emerging linked data web. It also provides a flexible framework for building modularized RESTful applications and includes Apache Clerezza for processing RDF data. Its goal is to provide Web and CMS developers with a set of HTTP/RESTful services to help them integrate semantic technologies into their products and web sites.
Instant Apache Stanbol How-to gives you detailed recipes on how to get the power of Stanbol to your application. It will give you precise instruction on how to get more out of your data and show you the power of semantic data, thereby helping you to make your information richer and easier to find.
Instant Apache Stanbol How-to gives an introduction to the various aspects of Stanbol. Clear and practical recipes will help you start taking advantage of Stanbol in your applications. It gets you started into semantic technologies quickly and painlessly.
You will learn how metadata can facilitated by finding the relevant information. Also you will learn about the Stanbol architecture and how to extend Stanbol and make it even more powerful to suit your needs. The recipe will guide you through accessing Stanbol, building your own Semantic RESTful API by using JAX-RS, OSGi services, and the Apache Clerezza RDF facilities.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Instant Apache Stanbol How-to will enable you to become an expert in content management with semantics at the core, with the help of practical recipes,
Who this book is for