Apache OfBiz Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Optimize your OFBiz experience and save hours of frustration with this timesaving collection of practical recipes covering a wide range of OFBiz topics.
- Get answers to the most commonly asked OFBiz questions in an easy-to-digest reference style of presentation.
- Discover insights into OFBiz design, implementation, and best practices by exploring real-life solutions.
- Each recipe in this Cookbook is crafted to describe not only "how" to accomplish a specific task, but also "why" the technique works to ensure you get the most out of your OFBiz implementation.
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 300 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : September 2010
ISBN : 1847199186
ISBN 13 : 9781847199188
Author(s) : Ruth Hoffman
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, e-Commerce, Java, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started
Chapter 2: Java Development
Chapter 3: The User Interface
Chapter 4: OFBiz Services
Chapter 5: The OFBiz Entity Engine
Chapter 6: OFBiz Security
Chapter 7: WebTools
Chapter 8: Web Services
Chapter 9: OFBiz Tips and Tricks
Appendix: Entity Engine by Example
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn OFBiz artifact organization and effective (OFBiz) project navigation skills
- Configure OFBiz web applications and framework settings using various WebTools
- Access and manage one or more database(s) using the OFBiz Entity engine
- Create Java programs that call other OFBiz Services and utilities
- Use Groovy to prepare data for web page presentation
- Enhance existing OFBiz applications or create new ones, by implementing OFBiz Screen, Form, Tree, and Menu Widgets
- Create and deploy OFBiz Events and Services
- Make administrative changes easily from the command-line
- Add web service client(s) and service provider features to your OFBiz instance
- Minimize frustration and wasted time with straightforward recipes designed to get you up and running quickly
Apache Open For Business (OFBiz) is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that provides a common data model and an extensive set of business processes. But without proper guidance on developing performance-critical applications, it is easy to make the wrong design and technology decisions. The power and promise of Apache OFBiz is comprehensively revealed in a collection of self-contained, quick, practical recipes in this Cookbook.
This book covers a range of topics from initial system setup to web application and HTML page creation, Java development, and data maintenance tasks. Focusing on a series of the most commonly performed OFBiz tasks, it provides clear, cogent, and easy-to-follow instructions designed to make the most of your OFBiz experience.
Let this book be your guide to enhancing your OFBiz productivity by saving you valuable time. Written specifically to give clear and straightforward answers to the most commonly asked OFBiz questions, this compendium of OFBiz recipes will show you everything you need to know to get things done in OFBiz.
Whether you are new to OFBiz or an old pro, you are sure to find many useful hints and handy tips here. Topics range from getting started to configuration and system setup, security and database management through the final stages of developing and testing new OFBiz applications.
Unlock the power and promise of Apache OFBiz with this comprehensive collection of concise, insightful, and proven recipes, timesaving techniques, and helpful hints.
The best way to experience OFBiz is to dive right in and start "kicking the tires". No matter if you are an end user exploring the out-of-the-box e-commerce web store or a software developer getting ready to build a new application, you will find, eventually, that you perform the same tasks over and over again.
This book is designed as a reference to guide you though those oft-encountered OFBiz tasks. It is a collection of recipes, not necessarily in any particular order of importance, that address and give answers to many of the real-world questions asked about how to do things with OFBiz.
Who this book is for
If you are an OFBiz user who has some familiarity with enterprise software systems, and perhaps more importantly, Internet and Web exposure, you will be able to glean useful information from this book. You will need only basic knowledge of modern browser behavior (for example: how to click a mouse button) to follow some recipes, while others assume a passing familiarity with a text-editor and XML documents. If you are a software developer looking for Java and/or Groovy examples, this book also includes a chapter on Java software development.