Apache Karaf Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Leverage Apache Karaf to apply OSGi's powerful features to frameworks such as Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, Cassandra, CXF, and Hadoop
- Set up Apache Karaf for high availability
- A thorough guide with example-based recipes to help you get a deeper understanding of Apache Karaf’s capabilities
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Turn Karaf into a Smart Router with Apache Camel
- Model Karaf into a Message Broker with Apache ActiveMQ
- Transform Karaf into a JSP host with Pax-web
- Distribute your Karaf applications across a clustered container with Apache Karaf Cellar
- Transmute Karaf into a web service container with Apache CXF
- Create your own branded Apache Karaf instance
- Turbo-charge your Karaf applications’ persistence layer scalability with Apache Cassandra
- Manage Big Data on Karaf with Apache Hadoop
Apache Karaf is more than just an OSGi-based runtime container; it’s an ecosystem of open source technologies that makes operating and managing applications easier. When paired with other frameworks and libraries, Karaf breathes simplified command, control, and maintenance into your workflow. Apache Karaf is very vast, and hence users very often need a quick-fix book which can help them perform complex operations. This is where this cookbook will come handy.
This book consists of over 60 recipes to help you utilize Apache Karaf and provides full project source code with thorough walkthroughs and explanations.
The book starts by covering how to make your deployment more production ready, and then covers many of the most popular Service Oriented Architecture projects that you can integrate into Karaf – these are some of the most sought after developer skills in modern enterprises. The book also delves into transforming Karaf into a JSP host, distributing containers using Apache Karaf Cellar, and providing persistence to your applications. Finally, you’ll explore the world of Big Data with Apache Cassandra and Hadoop, setting the stage for your Karaf deployment to handle today’s large datasets.
This book is written in a cookbook style with short recipes showing you how to effectively implement deployable projects without breaking everything in the process. The recipes are concise, to the point, and help you make the most of the Karaf environment without the need to read through page upon page of theory, while also enabling you to learn how to create exciting new projects.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for developers who have some familiarity with Apache Karaf and who want a quick reference for practical, proven tips on how to perform common tasks such as configuring Pax modules deployed in Apache Karaf, Extending HttpService with Apache Karaf.
You should have working knowledge of Apache karaf, as the book provides a deeper understanding of the capabilities of Apache Karaf.