Instant Apache ActiveMQ Messaging Application Development How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Learn how to use the JMS API
- Explore advanced messaging features in ActiveMQ
- Useful information on common pitfalls new developers often encounter
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 78 pages
Release Date : May 2013
ISBN : 1782169415
ISBN 13 : 9781782169413
Author(s) : Timothy Bish
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Instant, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Apache ActiveMQ Messaging Application Development How-to
- Instant Apache ActiveMQ Messaging Application Development How-to
- Installing ActiveMQ (Simple)
- Setting up our development environment (Simple)
- Creating ActiveMQ applications (Simple)
- Dividing up work with queues (Simple)
- Event processing with topics (Simple)
- Selecting messages (Simple)
- Using the JMS request/response pattern (Intermediate)
- Scheduling message delivery (Advanced)
- Activity monitoring in ActiveMQ (Advanced)
- Application testing using embedded brokers (Advanced)
- Using ActiveMQ connection pools (Advanced)
- Using Virtual Destinations (Advanced)
- Using Failover transport (Advanced)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and run an ActiveMQ Broker
- Set up a basic application developer environment for ActiveMQ using Apache Maven
- Write basic JMS applications using topics and queue to broadcast events
- Perform Request and Response style operations over JMS
- Write applications that embed ActiveMQ brokers directly into their own JVM
- Utilize ActiveMQ's fault tolerant features to develop robust client applications
- How to delay message sending using ActiveMQ's built in scheduler
Apache ActiveMQ is a powerful and popular open source messaging and Integration Patterns server. ActiveMQ is a fully JMS 1.1 compliant Message Broker and supports many advanced features beyond the JMS specification.
Instant ActiveMQ Application Development How-to shows you how to get started with the ActiveMQ Message Broker. You will learn how to develop message-based applications using ActiveMQ and the JMS specification.
In this book you will learn all the basic skills you need to start writing Java Messaging applications with a firm grounding in the more advanced features of ActiveMQ, giving you the tools to continue to master application development using ActiveMQ.
Starting by applying the messaging features of the JMS specification to write basic messaging applications, you will develop a basic JMS application using topics and queues to broadcast events as well as perform Request and Response operations over the JMS.
Once you have mastered the simple tasks you will move onto using the advanced features in ActiveMQ to supercharge your messaging applications. You will get to grips with ActiveMQ’s scheduler to delay messages. You will also learn how to leverage ActiveMQ’s fault-tolerant capabilities to create robust client applications.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks.This is a Packt Instant How-to guide, which provides concise and practical recipes to help you get started writing applications with ActiveMQ using practical examples.
Who this book is for
Instant ActiveMQ Application Development How-to is for the developers who are new to Java Message Service application development or new to JMS development using ActiveMQ. Readers will come away ready to solve complicated messaging related problems using the JMS API and ActiveMQ.