Instant AngularJS Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Take a broad look at the capabilities of AngularJS, with in-depth analysis of its key features
- See how to build a structured MVC-style application that will scale gracefully in real-world applications
- Examine how popular features are implemented in AngularJS, such as templating, data binding, and dependency injection
- Explore features unique to AngularJS such as modules and directives
- Analyze dozens of detailed code samples, then use them to bootstrap your next project
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 66 pages
Release Date : February 2013
ISBN : 1782166769
ISBN 13 : 9781782166764
Author(s) : Dan Menard
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development
Table of ContentsInstant AngularJS Starter
- Instant AngularJS Starter
- So, what is AngularJS?
- Hello World
- Recommended tools for AngularJS development
- A very basic AngularJS application
- A few takeaways
- Quick start – an MVC application in AngularJS
- Step 1 – understanding the Model-View-Controller pattern
- Step 2 – building the Guidebook application
- Step 3 – configuring AngularJS for the Guidebook application
- Step 4 – creating views
- Step 5 – defining controllers
- Step 6 – building models
- Top 5 features you need to know about
- Two-way data binding
- Dependency injection
- People and places you should get to know
- Official AngularJS websites
- Where to go for help
- Social networks
- AngularJS meet-ups
I can suggest “Instant AngularJS Starter” to everyone starting their adventure with AngularJS and also for developers that have some experience with this library. In my opinion it is well structured and allows much easier start that online documentation available on the official site. - Tomasz Dziurko
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 4 submitted: last submission 10 May 2013
Errata Type: Code | Page No: 13
This appears in the code on page 13 on the 7th line.
Originally it is: <script src="controller/ChapterController.js"></script>
This should be: <script src="controller/ChaptersController.js"></script>
Errata Type: Code | Page No: 15
This appears in the code on page 15 on the 13th line.
Originally it is: <ul class='notes' ng-show='chapter.id == >
This should be: <ul class='notes' ng-show='chapter.id == selectedChapterId'>
Errata type: Code
In the code files for this book the JS script file should be named "ChaptersController.js" instead of "ChapterController.js" .
Errata Type: Code | Page no: 46
The 8th line of the code on this page
Originally it is:
Instead it should be:
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Familiarize yourself with AngularJS syntax
- Build a scalable, MVC-style application architecture that you can use for future projects
- Examine how templates are commonly used in AngularJS
- Get to know the ins and outs of two-way data binding
- Analyze modules, and what AngularJS does behind the scenes
- See how dependency injection works under the hood
- Master directives — the most powerful feature of AngularJS
- Discover popular online resources and communities
"Instant AngularJS Starter" is designed to get you ramped up on AngularJS as quickly and efficiently as possible. By the end of this book, you’ll possess all the knowledge you need to make full-featured, real-life applications with AngularJS. The code samples are reusable, and specifically intended to give you a head start on your next project.
This book will transform your curiosity about AngularJS into a set of production-ready AngularJS skills, through a broad overview of the framework and deep dives into its key features.
You’ll start with basic AngularJS syntax, and then jump head-first into a life-sized example of how to build scalable AngularJS applications. With a foundational understanding of AngularJS in place, you’ll learn about its advanced features in depth, one by one, until you’ve mastered them all.
Before you know it, "Instant AngularJS Starter" will have you ramped up on AngularJS and back to building cutting-edge applications for the web, faster and more effectively than ever.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This book is written in an easy-to-read style, with a strong emphasis on real-world, practical examples. Step-by-step explanations are provided for performing important tasks.
Who this book is for
It doesn’t cover the history of AngularJS, and it’s not a pitch to convince you that AngularJS is the best framework on the entire web. It’s a guide to help you learn everything you need to know about AngularJS in as few pages and with as many examples as possible.