Android SQLite Essentials
|Also available on:|
- Develop database-driven Android applications and stay ahead of the curve
- Explore the best techniques to use cursors and loaders to achieve optimum results
- A step-by-step approach to use SQLite for building Android applications
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Design and develop an Android SQLite database architecture
- Learn the basic principles of database and include them in your applications
- Get familiar with Android support classes with examples highlighting their uses
- Create cutting edge database-driven applications in no time
- Leverage SQLite functions such as ListActivities, ListViews, SimpleCursorAdapter, and Loaders
- Use ContentProvider to expose your data
- Ensure thread safety in your SQLite Android application
SQLite is an open source relational database management system. Android uses the SQLite database to store and retrieve data persistently. Android applications have taken the center stage and are quickly becoming ubiquitous. The driving force behind the platform is the database, enabling a myraid of choices for developers making cutting edge applications.
Android SQLite Essentials focuses on the core concepts behind building database-driven applications. The book covers the basic and advanced topics with equivalent simplicity and detail in order to enable the readers to quickly grasp and implement the concepts in building an applications database. This book will show readers the detailed usage of SQLite to build Android applications and to design and manipulate SQLite databases.
The book takes a hands-on example based approach to help readers understand the core topics of SQLite and Android database-driven applications. This book focuses on bringing latent as well widespread knowledge about practices and approaches towards development in an easily understandable manner.
Who this book is for
This is an ideal book for Android programmers who want to explore SQLite database based on Android applications. The general competency level expected of the reader is prior knowledge in developing applications and basic knowledge of Android and SQL.