Android Security Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Analyze the security of Android applications and devices, and exploit common vulnerabilities in applications and Android operating systems
- Develop custom vulnerability assessment tools using the Drozer Android Security Assessment Framework
- Reverse-engineer Android applications for security vulnerabilities
- Protect your Android application with up to date hardening techniques
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Android Development Tools
Chapter 2: Engaging with Application Security
Chapter 3: Android Security Assessment Tools
Chapter 4: Exploiting Applications
Chapter 5: Protecting Applications
Chapter 6: Reverse Engineering Applications
Chapter 7: Secure Networking
Chapter 8: Native Exploitation and Analysis
Chapter 9: Encryption and Developing Device Administration Policies
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up the Android development tools and frameworks
- Engage in Application security concepts
- Use the Drozer Android Security Assessment Framework
- Customize and develop your own plugins for the Drozer Framework
- Exploit, enumerate, and analyze common application level exploits
- Protect applications from common vulnerabilities and exploits
- Reverse-engineer applications for common code level vulnerabilities
- Secure application networking, SSL/TLS
- Encryption to protect application data
Android Security Cookbook discusses many common vulnerabilities and security related shortcomings in Android applications and operating systems. The book breaks down and enumerates the processes used to exploit and remediate these vulnerabilities in the form of detailed recipes and walkthroughs.
The book also teaches readers to use an Android Security Assessment Framework called Drozer and how to develop plugins to customize the framework.
Other topics covered include how to reverse-engineer Android applications to find common vulnerabilities, and how to find common memory corruption vulnerabilities on ARM devices. In terms of application protection this book will show various hardening techniques to protect application components, the data stored, secure networking. In summary, Android Security Cookbook provides a practical analysis into many areas of Android application and operating system security and gives the reader the required skills to analyze the security of their Android devices.
"Android Security Cookbook" breaks down and enumerates the processes used to exploit and remediate Android app security vulnerabilities in the form of detailed recipes and walkthroughs.
Who this book is for
"Android Security Cookbook" is aimed at anyone who is curious about Android app security and wants to be able to take the necessary practical measures to protect themselves; this means that Android application developers, security researchers and analysts, penetration testers, and generally any CIO, CTO, or IT managers facing the impeding onslaught of mobile devices in the business environment will benefit from reading this book.