Advanced QTP 11.5 for Test Engineers Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Automate tests easily and efficiently with the help of this practical, extensive, and fast guide
- Use advanced coding and error handling methods to become a master of efficiency
- Full of screenshots, in-depth explanations, clear step-by-step instructions, and practical examples and tips for tackling automation tasks with ease
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 316 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : November 2014
ISBN : 1849688400
ISBN 13 : 9781849688406
Author(s) : Meir Bartal
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Cookbooks, Enterprise
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Data drive your tests with efficient parameterization for improved test coverage and code reuse
- Use proper code design in test automation to improve maintenance
- Identify objects using the Object Repository, as well as with Descriptive Programming to achieve object identification at runtime
- Build an event handler to handle unexpected dialogs
- Use the objects and methods of the Windows Script Host (WSH)
- Build an automation framework from the ground up
- Extend native functions with RegisterUserFunc
UFT (QTP) is a functional test automation tool by HP that supports a wide array of technologies for GUI object identification. Since UFT, it has integrated support for API testing, making it the perfect tool to automate tests for desktop and web applications, including web Services. It uses the Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript) scripting language to specify a test procedure, and to manipulate the objects and controls of the application under test. The interesting thing about QTP 11.5 is Image-based Automation using UFT Insight , which can recognize controls in the application by their appearance.
Advanced UFT 12 for Test Engineers Cookbook will provide you with simple solutions to quite complex tasks and leverage your skills in programming with VBScript. This book will walk you through the main topics required for a professional to become an excellent automation developer with the help of clear, practical, step-by-step recipes.
You will learn how to download and upload files through the Web, check links are not broken, build data-driven tests, and use proper code design to make your automation robust and maintainable. Among other things it will also describe how to extend UFT by overriding methods, perform DB and XML checks and how to handle unexpected dialogs, as well as covering the topics of Object Identification, Using Classes, Utility and Reserved Objects, WSH, API Testing and Frameworks.
Advanced UFT 12 for Test Engineers Cookbook will make a great difference for anyone working on test automation.
This is an expert level guide that demonstrates examples to practice what you learn in each chapter against Windows and web applications. Recipes containing numerous tips are well organized, and cover the advanced concepts of QTP 11.5.
Who this book is for
This advanced Cookbook is designed for software testers and engineers with previous automation experience and teaches QTP developers advanced programming approaches. Knowledge of software testing and basic coding (with VBScript a real plus) and acquaintance with programming concepts are prerequisites.