Advanced Penetration Testing for Highly-Secured Environments [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results
- Learn how to perform an efficient, organized, and effective penetration test from start to finish
- Explore advanced techniques to bypass firewalls and IDS, and remain hidden
- Discover advanced exploitation methods on even the most updated systems
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Monday, August 5, 2013
Course Length : 2 hour 50 minutes
ISBN : 1782164502
ISBN 13 : 9781782164500
Author(s) : Aaron Johns
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Networking and Servers, Video, e-Learning, Open Source
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Advanced Penetration Testing [19:48 minutes]
- What Is Advanced Penetration Testing?
- Installing VirtualBox
- Installing BackTrack 5 R3
- Installing Metasploitable
- Set up BackTrack 5 R3
- Advanced Footprinting [21:55 minutes]
- What Is Footprinting?
- Using Nslookup and Dig
- Using Tracert and Traceroute
- Using Paterva Maltego
- Google Dorks and Social Engineering
- Enumeration: Getting to Know Your Target [20:36 minutes]
- What Is Enumeration?
- Using Nmap and Zenmap
- Using SNMPenu and SNMPwalk
- Banner Grabbing with Netcat
- Searching for Exploits
- Exploitation Applications: Getting to Know Your Tools [24:00 minutes]
- What Is Exploitation?
- Installing the Nessus Vulnerability Scanner
- Using the Nessus Vulnerability Scanner-Part 1
- Installing and Updating the Metasploit Framework
- Using the Metasploit Framework
- Gaining Physical Access [16:14 minutes]
- How Do Hackers Break into a Local System?
- Breaking into Windows 7-Part 1
- Breaking into Windows 7-Part 2
- Breaking into Windows 7-Part 3
- Breaking into Windows 7-Part 4
- Exploiting a Client-side Target [25:27 minutes]
- How Do Hackers Break into a Remote System?
- Using the Social Engineering Toolkit
- Using the Nessus Vulnerability Scanner-Part 2
- Exploiting Windows 7
- Exploiting Metasploitable
- Bypassing Web Filters, Firewalls, and IDS [21:59 minutes]
- Evading Web Filters, Firewalls, and IDSes
- Bypassing Web Filters-Part 1
- Bypassing Web Filters-Part 2
- Stealth Scanning-Part 1
- Stealth Scanning-Part 2
- Writing a Penetration Testing Report [20:45 minutes]
- Why Is It So Important to Write a Report?
- What Should Be In the Report?
- Writing a Report
- Turning In the Report
Associated code downloads are included in the zip file of the purchased video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Learn information gathering/Footprinting techniques and enumeration techniques
- See how to gain both physical and remote access to secured systems
- Navigate through the command prompt and Linux terminal along with the Backtrack 5 R3 Linux operating system
- Understand the Metasploit Framework, Social-Engineering Toolkit, Nmap, Zenmap, and more
- Learn how to deal with client-side exploitation attacks and advanced techniques to bypass firewalls, IDS, and IPS systems
- Create a virtual penetration testing lab
- Discover the usage of all the security tools
- Generate a full, detailed penetration testing report
Who this video course is for
The "Advanced Penetration Testing for Highly-Secured Environments" video course is aimed at both newcomers and experienced professionals who wish to gain hands-on experience of advanced penetration testing. You will need elemental IT skills and concepts, knowledge of common network protocols such as TCP/IP, and a basic understanding of penetration testing.
The need for penetration testers has grown well over what the IT industry ever anticipated. Running just a vulnerability scanner is no longer an effective method to determine if a business is truly secure. Learn the most effective penetration testing skills so as to effectively meet today’s rapidly changing security needs for your company.
Advanced Penetration Testing for Highly-Secured Environments will teach you how to effectively secure any environment and harden your system and network configurations. You will be able to get into the attacker’s mindset of how they target systems on a network and the overwhelming threats they pose, thereby exploiting their vulnerabilities to create a step-by-step virtual lab to protect your system.
The goal of the Advanced Penetration Testing for Highly-Secured Environments video course is to first prepare and then challenge your skills and ability to perform a full penetration test against a fictional business company. It is packed with examples that enforce enumeration, exploitation, post-exploitation, writing reports skills, and more.
To start off you will get to know the differences between penetration testing and vulnerability assessments through a structured process of starting a penetration test and finishing it with a detailed report.
If you are looking to advance in the IT security field, through advanced exploitation techniques and strategies, then this video course is for you.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
This video course takes a progressive approach by first unraveling advanced security techniques and then applying these techniques in a fictional environment. It is thoroughly educational and gives users the opportunity to test their skills.