Instant Adobe Edge Inspect Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Simplify mobile web testing. Remotely debug, test, and preview your mobile web projects on actual mobile devices.
- Wirelessly connect multiple mobile devices with your computer and simultaneously test in all devices.
- Create your own simple mobile web application and test it in multiple mobile devices using Edge Inspect.
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 58 pages
Release Date : February 2013
ISBN : 1849694001
ISBN 13 : 9781849694001
Author(s) : Joseph Khan
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Mobile, Web Development
Table of ContentsInstant Adobe Edge Inspect Starter
- Instant Adobe Edge Inspect Starter
- So, what is Adobe Edge Inspect?
- Reasons for using Adobe Edge Inspect
- What you can do with Adobe Edge Inspect
- Some features of Edge Inspect
- Step 1 – what do I need? (basic requirements)
- Mac OS
- Google Chrome web browser
- Amazon's Kindle Fire support
- Step 2 – downloading and installing Adobe Edge Inspect
- Edge Inspect application for your computer
- Edge Inspect client app for mobile device
- Google Chrome browser extension for Edge Inspect
- Step 3 – installing a web server on your computer
- And that's it!
- Quick start – pairing mobile devices with your computer
- Step 1 – start the Edge Inspect helper application on your computer
- Step 2 – start the Edge Inspect app on your mobile device
- Step 3 – tap on the detected computer name to connect
- Step 4 – enter the passcode number and authorize the connection
- Step 5 – your mobile device is now paired
- Step 6 – pairing multiple devices
- Top 7 features you'll want to know about
- Remotely inspecting and debugging mobile web pages
- Creating a sample mobile web application page for our testing purpose
- Open the Edge Inspect web inspector window
- Changing HTML markup and viewing the results
- Changing CSS style rules
- Viewing console log messages
- Remote inspection for multiple devices
- Debugging already hosted mobile web projects
- Use your own weinre server
- Cache management
- Taking screenshots
- Toggle full screen view on mobile devices
- Debugging pages with authentication and login
- SSL support
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- Articles and tutorials
- About Packt Publishing
- Writing for Packt
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up a working installation of Edge Inspect and get started with testing on multiple mobile devices
- Wirelessly pair and connect multiple mobile devices with your computer. Take control of all your devices right from your computer.
- Browse in sync with your computer. Open your web application in your computer and preview the same page in all connected devices simultaneously.
- Create your own simple mobile web application and then test it across multiple devices using Edge Inspect.
- Test pages running from your local HTTP server or localhost on your mobile devices.
- Use your own Weinre server with Edge Inspect and make the testing process even faster.
- Take screenshots of web pages running in all mobile devices and share them with your clients.
- Test pages with authentication and login pages that need you to accept SSL certificates.
Mobile web testing is currently a really time consuming and cumbersome process as there are no direct debugging tools available with mobile web browsers. Since mobile devices vary so much it is important to ensure that your web page looks as intended across the multiple mobile devices that you are targeting for your audience. Edge Inspect is a perfect tool for web developers and designers who are developing for mobile devices, allowing them to simultaneously test on numerous devices in real time as they develop without learning anything new.
"Instant Adobe Edge Inspect Starter" is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of detailed steps, which will help you to get started on testing and previewing all your mobile web projects on multiple mobile devices. This book will also show you how to use all the other available features of Edge Inspect and make the entire testing process on mobile devices very simple, effortless, and faster.
This book starts with an introduction to Edge Inspect and will take you through a number of clear and detailed steps needed to set up a working installation, and get up and running with testing your web pages on mobile devices.
"Instant Adobe Edge Inspect Starter" will guide you in getting started with Edge Inspect and will make testing on mobile devices a lot simpler and faster. The book is packed with a lot of examples and diagrams that will help you to test all your mobile web projects without any hassle.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This easy-to-understand Starter guide will get you up to speed with Adobe Edge Inspect quickly and with little effort.
Who this book is for