Administering ArcGIS for Server
|Also available on:|
- Configure ArcGIS for Server to achieve maximum performance and response time
- Understand the product mechanics to build up good troubleshooting skills
- Filled with practical exercises, examples, and code snippets to help facilitate your learning
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 246 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : January 2014
ISBN : 1782177361
ISBN 13 : 9781782177364
Author(s) : Hussein Nasser
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Networking and Servers, Enterprise
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Best Practices for Installing ArcGIS for Server
Chapter 2: Authoring Web Services
Chapter 3: Consuming GIS Services
Chapter 4: Planning and Designing GIS Services
Chapter 5: Optimizing GIS Services
Chapter 6: Clustering and Load Balancing
Chapter 7: Securing ArcGIS for Server
Chapter 8: Server Logs
Appendix A: Selecting the Right Hardware
Appendix B: Server Architecture
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Design the architecture of ArcGIS for Server to meet your organization’s requirements
- Consume GIS services from multiple cross-platform endpoints including mobile and tablet for field users
- Optimize ArcGIS for Server to make it run efficiently and effectively
- Acquire troubleshooting skills by understanding how the technology mechanics work
- Learn the concept of web services and the various types of GIS services available in ArcGIS for Server
ArcGIS for Server is a new technology that has been developed to bring geographically-enabled information from multiple sources into one single platform and make it available for sharing services. Server supports many types of services, and the beauty of this technology is that it has an edge over other products, as the source of information can be directly plugged into Server without the need to change or migrate the existing infrastructure.
Administering ArcGIS for Server teaches you the mechanics of ArcGIS for Server, equipping you with the skills to not only install and configure Server, but to do it efficiently to achieve effective results. You will also learn how to plan, analyze, design, and finally publish and consume GIS services from various platforms including mobile and tablets.
We start by installing Server and authoring and consuming GIS services. We then move on to planning services before showing you how to optimize, secure, and debug them.
One of the hot topics in this book is the optimizing of GIS services, which will help you manage resources efficiently. You will also learn how to apply multiple security mechanisms on ArcGIS for Server and safely expose the services to the public in a secure manner.
Administering ArcGIS for Server will help you prepare a robust Server infrastructure for your organization.
This book is a practical, step-by-step tutorial providing a complete reference guide to the setup, installation, and administration of ArcGIS Server technology.
Who this book is for
If you are a GIS user, analyst, DBA, or programmer with a basic knowledge of ESRI GIS, then this book is for you.