This article by Sandro Tosi is dedicated to Basemap, a Matplotlib toolkit to draw geographical data.
We can use Matplotlib to draw on geographical map projections using the Basemap external toolkit. Basemap provides an efficient way to draw Matplotlib plots over real world maps.Read Plotting Geographical Data using Basemap in full
In this article written by Demetrio Filocamo, we are going to develop the contacts management feature of our application i.e the contact managers, which includes listing, adding, editing, and deleting contacts—all of this the Ajax way!
Moreover, we are going to learn new concepts about the RichFaces component framework and Ajax support.Read Build an Advanced Contact Manager using JBoss RichFaces 3.3: Part 1 in full
Managing the registered users of your website can be a time consuming process, particularly if you have a large number of them, all of whom have various roles. Each role or user profile has access to certain information or tasks (if they're administrative) within the scope of your website. You have the tools to determine the extent of their access by using the backend interface modules. To explain, we'll use the Party People website to show you how to stay on top of managing your users and their profiles.
In this article by Tracey Porst on User Management, we will look at the User Manager to deal with the scenarios that can, and inevitably will, arise in your role as content editor and web master. These include:
- Managing existing frontend and administrative users
- Establishing and editing new user accounts
- Managing username and password issues
- Dealing with problematic users
- Tying in user profiles with site contacts
- Communicating with users
One trap that many web site owners fall into is spending lots of time pulling in traffic but not offering anything to encourage visitors to return. This leads to a rather self-defeating cycle where the site owner is forced to constantly promote their site to keep bringing in the same number of visitors, eating up valuable time that could be spent improving the site in other ways.
Fortunately, a little time invested during the early days of building a site can pay off very well in terms of encouraging repeat visitors. In this article by Lesley Harrison, we will:
- Learn what is meant by making a site "sticky"
- Look at ways to build conversations with visitors through comments and contact forms
- Make our visitors feel like they are part of a community with gravatars, polls, and welcome messages
- Find out how to encourage visitors to subscribe to the site, and keep them coming back
In this two-part article, by Sandro Tosi you will see several examples of Matplotlib usage in real-world situations, showing some of the common cases where we can use Matplotlib to draw a plot of some values.
There is a common workflow for this kind of job:
- Identify the best data source for the information we want to plot
- Extract the data of interest and elaborate it for plotting
- Plot the data
Usually, the hardest part is to extract and prepare the data for plotting. Due to this, we are going to show several examples of the first two steps.Read Plotting data using Matplotlib: Part 1 in full
In this article by Sandro Tosi we are about to explore some advanced aspects of Matplotlib. The topics that we are going to cover in detail are:
- Matplotlib's object-oriented interface
- Subplots and multiple figures
- Additional and shared axes
- Logarithmic scaled axes
- Date plotting with ticks formatting and locators
- Text properties, fonts, LaTeX typewriting
- Contour plots and image plotting
In this article by Francesco Fullone and Francesco Trucchia, we will learn the basics of the templating system of eZ Publish. We will see what an eZ Publish template is and how to apply a template to a single content node or subtree. We will also take a look at template overrides and create a proper design extension starting from the eZ Webin package.Read Creating a Design with eZ Publish 4 Templating System: Part 1 in full
In this article by Kae Verens, we will look at:
- How to install and use the DataTables plugin
- How to load data pages on request from the server
- Searching and ordering the data