3D Printing with RepRap Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Master the most difficult printing techniques
- Create models with easy solutions for 3D printing
- Know how to choose the best slicer for the right job
- Easy-to-use recipes for optimizing 3D models for 3D printing and printing process
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 346 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : June 2014
ISBN : 1782169881
ISBN 13 : 9781782169888
Author(s) : Richard Salinas
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Cookbooks, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started with 3D Printing
Chapter 2: Optimizing the Printing Process
Chapter 3: Scanning and Printing with a Higher Resolution
Chapter 4: Modeling and Printing with Precision
Chapter 5: Manipulating Meshes and Bridges
Chapter 6: Making the Impossible
Chapter 7: Texture – the Good and the Bad
Chapter 8: Troubleshooting Issues in 3D Modeling
Chapter 9: Troubleshooting Issues in 3D Printing
Appendix A: Understanding and Editing Firmware
Appendix B: Taking a Closer Look at G-code
Appendix C: Filament Options for RepRap Printers
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Use the 123D Catch program to 3D scan common objects of almost any size for 3D printing
- Manipulate the surface mesh of a 3D model using Meshmixer v9001, the 3D modeling program
- Clean up your scans and stitch them together to make a solid model using MeshLab v1.3.2
- Calibrate 3D models using SketchUp v13, a 3D CAD program for precision fabrication
- Master the controls of the two most popular slicers, Skeinforge and Slic3r
- Learn how to add textures to your models and avoid undesirable texture through calibration
Do-it-yourself 3D printing is a new and exciting technology that gives you the power to make extraordinary things that were previously impossible. 3D printing provides great savings on assembly costs as it offers the capability of printing already assembled products.
This book is a concise guide to creating 3D models and for mastering the skills of 3D printing through a series of easy-to-follow recipes. It covers the detailed process of 3D printing using RepRap machines along with some fundamental 3D printing techniques such as 3D scanning, parametric modeling, and digital fabrication.
A systematic guide consisting of over 100 recipes which focus on helping you understand the process of 3D printing using RepRap machines. The book aims at providing professionals with a series of working recipes to help make their fuzzy notions into real, saleable projects/objects using 3D printing technology.
Who this book is for
This book is for novice designers and artists who own a RepRap-based 3D printer, have fundamental knowledge of its working, and who desire to gain better mastery of the printing process. For the more experienced user, it will provide a handy visual resource, with side-by-side comparisons of the two most popular slicers, Skeinforge and Slic3r.
A basic understanding of designing and modeling principles and elementary knowledge of digital modeling would be a plus.